Most reasonable and straight-forward pricing structure in the profession
We charge a flat fee for attorney and office services for a typical non-business Chapter 7. We also charge you for all out of pocket expenses which we must advance on your behalf.
The flat fee for attorney and office services in a typical 'no asset' non-business Chapter 7 case is $850.00.
PLEASE NOTE: FEES DO NOT INCLUDE CHARGES FOR CREDIT REPORTS OR PRE-BANKRUPTCY DEBT COUNSELING CERTIFICATES OR CHARGES FOR ANY OTHER DOCUMENTS YOU MAY BE REQUIRED TO OBTAIN BY THE U.S. BANKRUPTCY COURT OR THE BANKRUPTCY TRUSTEE ASSIGNED TO YOUR CASE.
Typical costs in a non-business Chapter 7 are as follows:
- Bankruptcy Court filing fee - $335.00
- Credit Counseling Course (mandatory) - $20.00
- Debtor Education Course (mandatory) - $15.00
- Due diligence investigation and credit report - $47.00
- Processing fee - $8.00
The total cost to you, therefore, is $1,275.00.
We provide the following services in exchange for the flat fee:
- Intake questionnaire with instructions.
- List of necessary documentation you must provide to the court or Trustee.
- Review and analysis of your current financial situation.
- Determination as to whether client qualifies for relief under Chapter 7 or Chapter 13.
- Description of relief available under Chapter 7 and Chapter 13.
- Description of how the bankruptcy process works.
- Copies of notices required to be provided by the Bankruptcy Code.
- Preparation of bankruptcy petition and all necessary schedules.
- Computation of income under the means test.
- Representation at Creditor's 341 meeting.
- Negotiations with secured creditors to reduce market value.
- Preparation and filing of reaffirmation agreements, if applicable.
- Preparation and filing of motions for avoidance of liens on household goods.
The flat fee does not cover representation in any dischargeability action, judicial lien avoidance, relief from stay action, or any other adversary proceeding. Additional fees of $250.00 per amendment to debt schedules and $200.00 for each 341 creditor's meeting missed by debtor(s).
For a non-business case, a minimum non-refundable payment of $500.00 is required before we will start work on your case. The balance is due before we file the case with the court. Occasionally the firm makes exception under special circumstances and will file a case before the fee is paid in full, but in any event the fee must be paid in full prior to your 341 Trustee meeting, which is approximately 30 days after the case is filed.
Businesses (either currently operating or defunct) Chapter 7 cases are accepted only on an hourly rate basis. There are huge variances in the complexity of these cases. A minimum deposit of $1,000.00 is required to start work on a business case, and an additional payment will be required prior to the filing of the case with the court.
In the event that additional services are required, then any additional services shall be billed at the current hourly rate.